07 July 2014

VHF / UHF Field Day 2014

Hello,

so the VHF / UHF Field Day 2014 is finished.

I participated in the contest with son Jakub from OK5T contest QTH together with the rest of the team. In summary it was nice weekend with lot of very enjoying QSOs on 2m...


The only 100W transceiver in small pistols category using the 2x 12el. yagis at the 220m ASL setup is not predestined to win. On the other hand I have to say it worked well thanks to good condx.
At the beginning HB9, PA and F stations came with nice sigs so I was pleased to start first hour of the contest. The only interesting thing was at the beginning of the contest that most of the sigs had very fast QSB and lot of calling stations disappeared during first shot.


Everything worked well all the time including the second operating position for 70cm band where we spent the relaxing time with giving the points to other stations. Simple setup using 20W into small single yagi was dedicated only for fun on this band.


The most important time for me was Sat/Sun night when I planned some DX-ing on CW. It was a bit dissapointing for me but even although I expected a bit more from this part time I worked over 30 stations over 400km away and ODX 930km into YT.

Sunday morning was the nightmare. Not so many stations came to our CQ and we were not able to pickup the weak stations in the southern EU from the noise. North-West direction with DLs from Rostock and similar far away "sea" areas came to us very hard and weak. Last hour put me back the enthusiasm as we were lucky to work I, 9A and DLs with QRB over 800km again.

                   Mirek, OK1JMJ is ODX winner - 932km

I expected a bit more QSOs in total but total score in points is not so bad finally with used setup.
My son Jakub enjoyed his VHF Field Day "Scouts" part as same as DX-ing on HF with his FT-817ND, we enjoyed the sunshine WX and sausage BB in the evenning so it was enjoyable weekend for all the team I hope.


Thank You to all for nice contest and all QSOs. See You on the air soon.


Petr, OK1RP

No comments:

Post a Comment